375g pack Saxby's Dessert Shortcrust Pastry
75g butter, softened
75g Waitrose Unrefined Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
75g ground almonds
50g Waitrose Self Raising Flour
2 medium eggs, beaten
4tbsp Waitrose Greengage Conserve, plus extra to glaze
2 pears, peeled, cored and halved
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Roll out the pastry and use to line a deep 23cm fluted flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
2. Prick the pastry base with a fork, then line with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper.
3. Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine the butter, sugar, nuts, flour and eggs, and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Spread the greengage conserve over the part-baked pastry base, then top with the almond mixture, smoothing the surface with a palette knife.
5. Slice the pear halves and fan out. Arrange on top of the filling. Return the tart to the oven for 35-45 minutes until the filling is set and golden brown.
6. Brush a little extra conserve over the pears and filling while the tart is still warm. Dust with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche.