White Sauce/ Cheese Sauce:
25g/1oz plain flour
600ml/1 pint milk
salt and white pepper (to make a cheese sauce you should have grated cheese as well)
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
4. Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring to the boil.
5. **(If you are making a cheese sauce, add the cheese now and stir in. Taste it to make sure you have added the correct amount of cheese)**
6. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt and white pepper.
Doortje’s Pancake Recipe:
1 egg per person +1 1 cup of flour per person (5oz = 1 cup) a pinch of salt milk- add until the right consistency